Blog #9

Select any aspect of your project that you have questions about. Discuss your concerns in your blog post #9. 

I think my biggest concern is getting across the coder's mindset as I have discussed already with Professor Dudley. I am worried that I will focus too heavily on literacy and lose the essential teaching for coding. I think that I am also quite concerned with how to ensure that students find this material engaging. I have been working diligently to ensure that my students feel that the material I am presenting is engaging and encourages students to learn both coding as well as literacy.

I think I am also concerned by the design of the website. I hope to provide more supports for teachers to implement coding in the classroom. I am going to link up another website I made for a previous course to ensure that all my students enjoy using this website.

I think another question that has been lingering in the back of my mind is the differentiation that I can implement for my diverse learners. Right now, my website is not very differentiated and will not really support diverse learners. I am at a loss for differentiation for students in my classroom.

I think from  a positive standpoint, I am really happy that I have revised the project to provide supports for parents and will add more supports for teachers using this classroom to teach coding as well as literacy. I think that the other information that I might provide is the various websites or applications that support student aside from scratch. I may also create a more comprehensive approach to how a coder can think for students. I think I am still struggling a bit to balance the coding and the literacy present in the website. I hope to further build on student understanding.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1