Blog #5 Mini Art School Activities

Blog #5: Mini Art School

Activity #1: Cropping Exercise


Reference: Design Basic Index Page 193

In this particular activity I worked with six individual images that I created on my own.
Please find the Screencast below of the process that I used to create the images.


These are the images below and their respective cropped versions:
Image 1




Image 2



Image 3


Image 4

Image 5


Image 6


Activity #2: Color Echo

Reference: Design Basic Index Page 219

In this particular activity I worked with one image that I created on my own to create three unique compositions. 

Please find the Screencast below of the process that I used to create these images.



These are the three compositions created below:

Composition #1: Monochrome


Composition #2: Complimentary 


Composition #3 Triad 



Activity #3: Painting

Reference: Design Basic Index Page 219

In this particular activity I worked with traditional media to create a painting and practice working with color mixing. 



Painting:


Reflection:

I  learned a lot in this activity about the importance of color blending. It is a great way to practice working with colors on the color wheel and developing their relationships. By practicing with painting I am better able to understand how "other  hues are placed next to each other within a painting"(Krause, 2004 ). It also helps me understand the impact of color and how it "captures attention" to "keep drawing the eye's attention over and over again for flow through your design" (Golombisky & Hagen, 2010). I also think this is important to learn because it helps us consider the color elements to an image more critically. It helps with the process of "coding and decoding from images that are important for full social participation" (Knobel & Lanshear, 2010). I think understanding color by doing an activity like this is critical to understanding the components that make up visual literacy by capturing the effect one color has on another. 

References:


Golombisky, K., & Hagen, R. (2010). White Space is not your enemy. New York : Focal Press.
Knobel, M., & Lanshear, C. (2010). DIY Media . New York: Peter Lang.
Krause, J. (2004). Design Basic Index. Ohio: How Design Books.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4: Mini Art School #2

Blog #1