Blog #6: Mini Art School

60 Second Video: Story Elements: Setting 




Storyboard for video and website:

60 seconds-Story Elements: Setting Storyboard




MMP Classroom Google Website layout:




In this particular activity I created two storyboards and then the 60 second video that depicts a story element using scratch as the connection. In my storyboard, I kept in mind a lot of the key aspects discussed in the text as well as the videos. Story boards are a way to "tell the story shot by shot" 
(Golombisky & Hagen, 2010). Story boards are a way to convey information to the reader about the key points of the video or the website that you are designing. I tried to consider the point of view in the first storyboard considering my target audience is younger learners. I decided to keep the audience as the "omniscient third person eye observing the story" that I told through my images  (Golombisky & Hagen, 2010). I considered the importance of transitions in my first and second storyboard  and maintained "continuity" which is "transitioning or segueing between shots and scenes"(Golombisky & Hagen, 2010). I considered how I wanted my shots to transition in the video to convey a specific meaning or focus on the subject matter. I also did so in my MMP classroom layout considering how my visitor will transition through each part to experience all the MMP classroom has to offer.
My video was a multimedia compilation that conveyed the concept of literacy to students using scratch software since this is my target for the MMP. I went for "pacing" that conveyed the most information to younger learners so some of my slides take longer to transition. I considered how to have my viewers" absorb and appreciate...slideshow content" by giving "them enough time to do so" (Golombisky & Hagen, 2010). I did also consider the video footage and how it would play into the overall flow of the multimedia presentation. I ensured that my video was short because "viewers can drop out in seconds" especially younger children(Golombisky & Hagen, 2010). Overall I think I created a multimedia experience for younger learners that conveys the concept of literacy using Scratch as the platform. 

References

Golombisky, K., & Hagen, R. (2010). White Space is not your enemy. New York : Focal Press.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1