MDMC Review

Animoto Critique:


Audacity Critique:

Sumo paint Critique:


Comments

  1. Sandi,

    Loved your critique for Animoto. I also chose this because I was somewhat familiar with it for myself. I have never incorporated it into my classroom setting, however, I am approaching the video section of my curriculum and am definitely considering it for my 5th and 6th graders. I feel it would be a great idea for something they are learning in the classroom (WWII possibly or maybe a passion project!)

    I would love to know if you ever include it in your educational setting and if so, how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,
    Below is my text feedback and here is an audio clip: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1RqHXayhMFc

    Great overview - clear and detailed - for how to download and how you can make recordings and edit the recordings.

    Some qualities of the Audacity tool I noticed in the screencast
    Needs to download.
    Free
    Not entirely user friendly
    Seems much more high tech than a simple click and record or a voice memo program
    Much more versatile
    Recording music and dialogue
    Seems like it can be the final product or to make voice overs for videos

    Comments on the screencast: Awesome review of the multiple functions - like removing background noise, clipping music clips.
    Insightful comments of the limitations
    Great explanation about how it is better for teachers, higher students (secondary), but not for younger students. Great analysis that it would be better for people with experience (Not recommended for student use in classroom) - but it seems like the quality is really great.

    How and if I might use it -
    Probably not for instructional videos - because it seems to be more high tech and intricate than worth it for purely “how to video”
    For students to make final projects that are audio or video where the quality is a big part of the project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4: Mini Art School #2

Blog #1